Areas of Practice
- Commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Debt recovery and securities enforcement
- Credit management
- Personal Property Securities Act (PPSA)
James has had the responsibility for numerous complex commercial litigation matters, acting for and against a number of publicly listed companies in South Australia and interstate. James has used his extensive industry experience to consistently achieve exceptional results for his clients.
James regularly acts for and advises both Insolvency Practitioners and Creditors on various insolvency, preference payment and PPSA issues. He is recognised as an industry expert on PPSA.
James is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Credit Management (AICM) and is also a State Councillor of the AICM, responsible for the Certified Credit Executive (CCE) portfolio. He regularly presents seminars for the AICM on various credit management and insolvency topics.
B.A, LL.B. (Hons); GDLP; CCE; FICM, Adv. Cert. Insolvency (ARITA)
- the High Court and Federal Court of Australia;
- the Supreme Court of South Australia
- The Law Society of South Australia
- Australian Institute of Credit Management (Fellow)
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Councillor and CCE Chair, Australian Institute of Credit Management – SA Divisional Council