Lynch Meyer Lawyers provide a full range of specialist construction services and our construction team is one of South Australia’s most experienced. We have specialist construction lawyers you can trust, who are on hand throughout the entire life of a project.
If a dispute arises, we are well-equipped to take instructions in relation to all types of building disputes from small residential extensions through to major commercial projects.
We combine our commercial expertise, technical understanding and legal skills to produce first-rate commercial outcomes on your projects.
Our additional strengths in planning, environment, conveyancing, litigation, tax and corporate law offer integrated and expertly-supported capability.
We offer expert advice and service on:
- Planning, procurement and contract structuring
- Contractual arrangements for all construction projects, from domestic to large-scale commercial, engineering and infrastructure schemes
- We identify key issues and risks in projects and address them through contract structuring and contract terms
Planning and Local Government requirements
- Planning applications
- Development plans
- Council and Development Assessment Commission procedures
- The Development Act
- Related legislation
- Planning appeals and enforcement actions
- Preparation of land management agreements and encumbrances
Risk management and contract advice
- Analysis of risk allocation and associated implications for all participants
- Risk management strategy development including drafting template documentation and training commercial teams on effective administration of contracts
- Provide commercial advice on issues as they arise – saving time and money
- Participation at project-team level – detecting and diffusing potential disputes before they “blow up”
Claims and disputes
- All aspects of construction litigation, arbitration, adjudication (security of payment) and alternative dispute resolution
Construction, Infrastructure and Engineering Team