Vanessa is head of the firm’s Private Client Services team and specialises in Family Law and Wills and Estates.
Vanessa assists clients with Wills, Powers of Attorney, Advance Care Directives and Estate Planning and Administration, as well as in contested Estate matters and claims pursuant to the Inheritance (Family Provision) Act.
In Family law matters, Vanessa provides clear and practical legal advice to married, de facto and same sex couples, and parents. She has significant experience guiding clients through the legal aspects of property settlements, financial agreements, Divorce, separation, and children’s arrangements.
Further, Vanessa advises on family law property matters from simple agreements to complex settlements involving multiple assets and structures such as businesses, Trusts and SMSFs, both in Australia and overseas.
Vanessa brings to her role as a lawyer, skills and expertise gained from working in and contributing across non legal fields. Her experience gives her a broad perspective and has enabled her to engage positively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Vanessa‘s focus is on assisting clients resolve disputes outside of Court, but where that is unable to be achieved, she is a strong advocate in Court.
Areas of Practice
- Wills and estate planning
- Deceased estate administration
- Family law
- Law Society of South Australia
- Law Council of Australia - Family Law Section
- Women Lawyers Association SA
- AIFLAM (Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators)
- Resolution Institute (Professional member)
- Board Member, Roma Mitchell Community Legal Centre