Dispute Resolution and Litigation
Disputes are best avoided but that is not always possible. Sometimes it is necessary to protect or enforce your rights or defend claims. Then you need lawyers who offer clear, strategic advice, and focus on your outcome to resolve the dispute on the best possible terms for you.
Our team of specialist lawyers has the tactical knowhow to help you achieve optimal results.
Over the years we have experienced all types of disputes, from every angle, and that experience counts.
Every commercial transaction carries the risk of a potential dispute. We can assist with any dispute related to a business or commercial matter.
We work with you to understand your specific aims and business interests, to find the key commercial drivers.
Our in-depth knowledge across a diverse range of industries allows us to provide strategic, commercial advice when approaching a dispute, to help give the best chance of a negotiated resolution.
Our General Commercial Litigation expertise includes:
- Contract disputes
- Business sales
- Partnerships and joint ventures
- Shareholder disputes
- Trade practices
- Insurance disputes
- Professional negligence
Our other expertise in Dispute Resolution and Litigation includes:
- Construction disputes – major construction and infrastructure, commercial/civil works, domestic construction, security of payment
- Debt collection, secured recoveries and judgment enforcement, Personal Property Securities Act
- Estates, trusts and contested wills
- Insolvency – advice on all matters related to directors, creditors and insolvency practitioners
- Intellectual property – trade mark, copyright, infringement, enforcement and passing off disputes
- Judicial and Administrative Review of government and instrumentality decisions including ATO determinations
- Property disputes – buying and selling land, leases and tenancies, land law, boundaries
- Sporting and associations
- Workplace relations including unfair dismissal, discrimination, union claims
Resolving commercial disputes requires technical skills, a truly commercial approach, strategy and wisdom borne of years of experience.