Aged Care and Retirement Villages
We are leading legal advisors to the retirement villages and aged care sector in South Australia.
We have been advising clients in this sector for the past two decades, acting for many of the State’s largest operators, both in the profit and not-for-profit sector.
Our clients benefit from our years of experience in property development. We combine that knowledge with our aged care and retirement villages expertise to ensure you establish and run viable operations.
We offer expert advice and service on:
- Compliance issues under the Aged Care Act
- Construction contracts
- Coronial inquests
- General commercial agreements
- Intellectual property
- Joint venture and consortium agreements
- Land sales and purchases
- Management of retirement villages and aged-care facilities
- Planning and development
- Preparation of documents under the Retirement Villages Act, Aged Care Act, Supported Residential Facilities Act
- Facilities Act and Residential Tenancies Act
- Privacy issues
- Resolving disputes with residents
- Risk management
- Sale and purchase of retirement villages, aged-care facilities, bed licences and land for development
- The establishment of retirement villages and aged-care operations
- Taxation, land tax and stamp duty
- Workplace relations and work health and safety